Today, a beautifully written POST by ruminationville.
Here’s to another day of creativity…
I am honored to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Ruminationville – a wonderful blog, who also received the award. You should go and read it. All of it.
Here are the rules of the award:
1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
(In no particular order):
- I really dislike feet. This deserves more of an explanation, particularly since my feet are my livelihood as a dancer. But I’m trying to keep this brief so will leave you to wonder how this can be.
- I want to own a barn someday. I want it to be part of an eco-friendly community arts center.
- I studied at four colleges/universities before finally finishing my degree.
- I believe in being nice. And in smiles. And most definitely in hugs.
- I’m not known for brevity in writing. I’m having difficulty not writing a dissertation in these 11 facts.
- I have been to Cuba. It was life-changing. I hope to have many more life-altering travel adventures.
- I once had my eyebrow pierced. I took it out when I got my nose pierced.
- My first job was in a video store. Waaaay back when those things existed.
- My cd collection includes everything from Dixie Chicks to Kurtis Blow. Yes, I still have cds.
- I am (slightly) obsessed with pink flamingos.
- I want to help make the world a better place.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
- What is your happiest memory?
Such a difficult question. I’m not sure I know how to answer it except to say that I am most definitely dancing in my happiest memories. And laughing.
- What three words would you use to describe your closest friend?
Genuine, limitlessly talented, hilarious
- What is your favorite thing to eat?
Pizza. And brownies. (I know, that’s two favorite things…)
- Where is the last place on earth you would want to go?
I think this question is asking where I do NOT want to go on earth. I can’t really think of one (except maybe DC in the middle of summer in the middle of a cicada attack.) But since that is going to actually be my reality in a few months, I am going to instead answer it as if it was asking where I would want to spend my last days on this earth. In that case, it would be somewhere in the Greek Isles.
- What is one thing you would change about the past?
I would be kinder to myself.
- What food would you be happy never to eat again?
Tomatoes. At least in their raw form. Bleh.
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is the kindest thing someone has done for you?
Let me be myself. And love me for it.
- What is one thing you would not be able to forgive?
Lying. I would much rather know the truth, even if it hurts.
- What makes you laugh?
I’m not sure I can narrow it down to one thing. I love to laugh. I try to do it as much as possible.
- What do you want to learn this year?
Gardening. Particularly, Guerilla Gardening. (I wrote about it in Day 79.)
3. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
I have selected two blogs to pass this award on to. Not because there aren’t millions out there deserving of this award, but because I am not a well-rounded blog reader. Yet.
Both of these blogs, I believe, have received this award in the past. So I completely accept the fact that my round of the Liebster Award may end here with me. (Man I would be terrible at chain letters. Oh right, I am.) I still want to acknowledge these two blogs because well, they deserve it:
Girls Like Giants
The Belle Jar
This is a pretty great Liebster acceptance, should you care to read it. Much more creative than my response.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
Here’s to another day of creativity…