what do you do when you wake up one morning, same as any other, only to discover you regret nearly four years of your life? you know this is a heavy word to use, regret. and yet, nothing else fits – even comes close. you don’t regret all of it, to be sure. and you recognize ‘the good,’ ‘the lessons,’ ‘the necessary’ that have come from them. still. what do you do?
- become immobile and wildly unhinged all at the same time.
- panic. how can you trust yourself, after all?
- say the words out loud. i. regret. or put them in a blog post at the very least.
- recall a friend’s words about how radiant you look in recent photos and vow to let yourself glow.
- and finally, you realize that the only reason you could feel this sense of regret is because you are no longer in the space that created the life crisis in the first place. so you breathe, give yourself a hug somewhere deep inside, and get ready to LIVE again tomorrow.
Here’s to another day of creativity…